Reach plc, Deputy Editor-in-Chief | Magazines & Supplements - Maternity Cover
3 days left
- Full Time
Reach plc is looking for a Deputy Editor-in-Chief to work on its Magazines and Supplements Hub for a maternity cover period.
This role assists in leading our popular and well-loved celebrity titles OK! and New Magazine, plus our newspaper supplements Notebook, S, Love Sunday, TV Life, We Love TV, Saturday and Hot TV.
Reporting into the Acting Editor-in-Chief you will oversee our Digital and Multimedia departments and work closely with our Celebrity & Entertainment, Features & Lifestyle, Fashion & Beauty, Creative and Production Directors to ensure the successful transition of the hub to a digital plus operation and the success of ok.co.uk.
For this role we are looking for a highly successful and well-experienced candidate within the magazine publishing or newspaper industry.
On that note, who are we?
We are Reach. You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers.
From OK!, the Daily and Sunday Mirror and Daily and Sunday Express, to our regional titles like the Birmingham Post, Liverpool Echo and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK.
At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, but you will also feel you understand other people better too.
We breathe our values of Collaboration, Determination, Imagination and Customer Focus, underpinning the work our talented employees produce every single day, from editorial and HR to technology and print. We strongly believe in the benefits of flexible working and autonomy in our day to day jobs.
What will the role consist of?
- You will oversee the performance of ok.co.uk and its associated social media channels, ensuring all content is of the highest standard and that all KPIs - traffic growth, registration, subscription and engagement - are met.
- Help to oversee the continuous development of new working practices alongside the acting editor-in-chief, ensuring efficient copy sharing among print titles and excellent production workflow.
- You will be responsible for the audience growth of ok.co.uk by ensuring print content becomes multi-platform and daily digital content is of an excellent standard.
- You will work closely with our senior team, which consists of a Digital Director, Multi-Media Director, Celebrity & Entertainment Director, Features & Lifestyle Director, Fashion & Beauty Director, Production Director and Creative Director.
- You will ensure all content is multiplatform and to the highest standard, building a first-class ok.co.uk website with loyalty and engagement at its heart.
- Build our recently launched OK Beauty Edit, VIP club and VIP + in terms of registrations and subscriptions, profitability and brand awareness.
- Lead a culture change across the magazine hub, ensuring all employees see themselves as one Reach magazine team (print and digital).
- Act as a role model and take a lead on change initiatives to support the group's strategy and our employees.
The Ideal Candidate
Who are we looking for?
- Significant experience at a leadership level in a fast-paced print and digital newsroom/magazine is essential
- Experience of shaping and changing operations and culture towards a digital future would be beneficial..
- A proficient and flexible manager who can drive the print and digital team to achieve KPIs across revenue and customer growth.
- You will be an excellent senior journalist, who has extensive knowledge of showbiz journalism and leading a team of showbiz journalists at this level.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including:
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Click 'APPLY' now.