Financial Services Forum, Editor
Incisive Media is an entrepreneurial and creative, digital-facing organisation on the cutting edge of media. Working in our two core markets, financial services and technology we provide analyst-grade insight, business intelligence and access to specialist networks of business professionals.
Overview of Role
Financial Services Forum (FSF) is the UK’s leading community for marketers working in financial services businesses. FSF helps its marketer members to perform more effectively and increase their influence at board level.
We also help marketing managers expand their knowledge and skills, so they can improve the effectiveness of their campaigns. How? By sharing actionable insights and the latest marketing best practice - as well as connecting leaders and managers with their peers.
The Editor of FSF is a newly-created role designed to help increase the value of marketers’ membership by telling researched and authenticated stories.
The editor will be expected to devise a compelling content strategy for the brand, develop strong contacts among marketers in the financial services sector, to investigate original, valuable stories and present them in the most suitable format – news, analysis, long-form, research reports, video or podcast.
The editor will also seek out experts from within the community to write to the site, and recommend suitable contributors for webinars, panel discussions and masterclasses.
You will be required to be one of the faces and voices of the brand: fronting video and podcasts, and (on occasions) hosting digital (and in time, f2f) events.
What we value:
Our ideal candidate will already be a proven editor, or an ambitious deputy or section editor seeking a step up and the chance to front their own brand.
The successful individual will have:
- A proven track-record as a journalist and editor/section editor
- Expertise in front of camera and behind a microphone
- Experience of hosting f2f events and public speaking
- An understanding of marketing and marketing communications
- A strong understanding of the needs of members and FSF’s commercial proposition
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven research and analytical skills
- Very strong attention to detail and effective time management
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to build business relationships at all levels
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team within a pressurised environment with tight deadlines
What you can expect from us:
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people in Media, we operate a culture where success is recognised.
You will be supported throughout your career at Incisive Media, tailoring your development through management support, internal and external training courses, and on the job training.
Based in a fantastic location at the heart of London’s Covent Garden, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
We also offer a range of benefits including:
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Group personal pension plan
- Retail discounts
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- IMFoundation - staff can volunteer a small amount of their time to contribute their skills and make a meaningful difference to the lives of others
- Plus a huge number of salary sacrifice benefits including private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme, techscheme, gym discounts, and many more.
How to apply
Are you keen to join the Incisive Family? Click 'APPLY' to start your journey.
We look forward to welcoming you on board!