The Sun, Digital Consumer Reporter - Casual
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Sun is the biggest news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
The award-winning Sun Money team write exclusive and agenda-leading news, features, campaigns and investigations.
Purpose of role:
We are looking for a Digital Consumer Reporter to join our consumer team online.
Applications are welcome from news reporters who want to specialise as well as money and personal finance writers. We would welcome applications from those with an interest in pensions, mortgages, savings, insurance and money saving topics.
The role is full-time on a casual shift basis.
- Cover breaking news stories, write engaging features, while generating agenda-leading exclusives
- Suggest and write articles for campaigns and investigations
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to deliver vibrant and clean copy at speed
- Ability to write brilliant headlines in the famous Sun style
- Interpret complex research or information, boiling down the key facts and presenting them in a fun and engaging way for The Sun reader
Key Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of consumer, personal finance or money saving topics - and the contact book to back it up
- Experience of reporting on those topics for a national newspaper or magazine, online or in print
- Positive with a can-do attitude, who takes initiative and is a good team player
- A strong understanding of the Sun Online audience
- Knowledge of social media, SEO and online publishing
- Enthusiasm, imagination and a notebook full of ideas are all essential
- Being a self-starter is key – and you will need to thrive under the pressure of a busy newsroom
- Have a thorough knowledge of the IPSO Code of Conduct, media law and ethical considerations
- Can demonstrate an understanding of The Sun brand, both print and digital
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern
Click 'APPLY' now.
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.