Sussex Life, Editor - 14 Month FTC
An exciting opportunity has arisen to edit our lifestyle magazine brand, Sussex Life on a 14 month fixed term placement providing maternity cover.
Each month Sussex Life magazine and its website are packed with features about this dynamic part of England – from people and places to homes and interiors and food and drink.
As Editor of this prestigious brand you will have responsibility for producing content for our print and digital products, commissioning copy, forward planning and making the right commercial decisions for the magazine and its readers.
As Editor you will be involved in all aspects of this stylish lifestyle magazine, meet and interview fantastic people, create great features and attend events throughout the county.
The role calls for strong organisational skills and an appreciation of the benefits of clear planning and strong communication skills, with both internal and external teams. You will have a passion for Sussex, with strong writing skills and an appreciation of what appeals to our target audience.
YOU WILL HAVE:
- Proven editorial experience in print and digital
- A background in magazines or lifestyle pages on a newspaper
- Great commercial awareness
- Experience in writing features and commissioning copy
- Strong networking skills
SALARY, BONUS & BENEFITS
- Basic salary of up to £30,000 dependent on experience
- Full 25 days paid holiday per calendar year + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give As You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
- Ongoing training and personal performance reviews
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to send your CV as soon as possible and we will contact you very shortly if we are interested in progressing your application to the next stage.
We reserve the right to remove this vacancy once we feel we have enough candidates to interview.