William Reed, Commercial Content Editor - Grocery & Retail
William Reed is seeking a talented Commercial Content Editor with extensive journalism experience and strong editorial skills to join the company’s Grocery and Retail division.
The Commercial Content Editor will be responsible for creating high-quality native/client-funded content to help clients connect with the food and drink community for lead generation, brand awareness and thought leadership purposes.
Reporting into the Managing Director Retail & Manufacturing, you will work closely with the editorial, commercial, marketing and digital teams to help clients meet their content marketing goals via industry-leading business media publications such as The Grocer – the leading business brand for the food and drink sector.
- Research, write and commission multimedia content including, but not limited to, online promotional features, webinars, videos and whitepapers
- Create compelling digital marketing campaigns to help drive content engagement
- Report on key KPIs to demonstrate value and success, both internally and externally
- Work proactively with the commercial team to generate new content, audience and revenue opportunities
- Manage production schedules, liaising with authors and other writers on a day-to-day basis
- Cultivate relationships with clients, agencies and contributors, as well as across the William Reed business
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Substantial experience in writing and commissioning journalistic content
- Experience in working with native/client-funded content
- Extensive digital experience required, including knowledge of CMS, basic HTML, Google Analytics, Photoshop and social media is preferred
- Experience working as part of a news/journalism organisation
- Strong organisation and time management skills – you will be able to meet regular deadlines on time
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Must be entrepreneurial, a problem-solver, detailed reader/line editor and creative thinker.
COMPANY BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Competitive Salary
- Company Pension Plan
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
If you are interested in applying for the position, please click 'APPLY NOW' and complete the application form.