The Sun, Senior SEO Editor - Online
We are: News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
Our hugely successful SEO team sits at the core of our publishing operation and is constantly evolving, driving search traffic, growing new audiences, and building engagement and loyalty with our readers.
Our senior SEO editors work on a rota so regular evening (usually one week a month) and weekend (usually once a month) work is essential to this exciting, rewarding role.
Day to day accountabilities:
- Represent the department at editorial conferences, report on key search trends and give specific recommendations about important search stories and events.
- Take responsibility for a specific section of the site and drive, monitor and report on SEO success.
- Ensure subject desks and SEO journalists write about SEO priorities in the most effective way and manage their workflow.
- Pre-plan for future articles and events by building out topics, doing keyword research for upcoming exclusives or events, and coming up with SEO plans.
- Use a range of analytics tools to report regularly on top pages/articles driving SEO traffic.
- Make SEO recommendations to journalists on individual articles (EG headlines) - both proactively and in response to requests for help.
- Edit live articles to match SEO best practice.
- Train and mentor the more junior SEO editors.
What we’re looking at from you:
- Essential: Editorial background with experience in a digital publishing environment and of reacting quickly to breaking news and changing search trends.
- Essential: Good understanding of the technical principles behind editorial SEO
- Essential: Familiar with a range of SEO tools
- Desirable: Experience of working within Wordpress
Click 'APPLY' now.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.