The Telegraph, Social Media Editor
The Telegraph is an award-winning, multimedia news brand synonymous with quality, credibility and authority for more than 162 years.
We are renowned for the analysis, perspective, opinion and insight our journalism provides to a diverse and discerning audience. Every day the content we create sets the news agenda, sparking debate and provoking comment.
Our journalism is given life across our multi-platform portfolio, including The Telegraph website and app, The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph newspapers and their digital version in The Telegraph Edition app.
Our content is also distributed on a range of third party platforms including Apple News, Facebook, Snapchat, Google Home and Amazon Alexa. With 25 million UK visitors every month and 90 million browsers globally, our journalism reaches more people than ever before.
Our vision is to pioneer new ways to serve at least 10 million registered customers through quality journalism and experiences, bringing them closer to us and each other.
We’ll achieve this with the constant evolution of our journalistic techniques and by using the data and understanding we have of
The Telegraph’s well-informed audience to successfully further diversify into and grow revenue streams from advertising, travel, events, financial services and subscriptions.
For more information on our purpose, beliefs and people values, please visit our corporate site. To see our latest brand campaign visit telegraph.co.uk/wordschosenwell.
Role purpose and overview
The Telegraph’s Social Media Editors work to maximise the potential of the stories we tell using social media, combining excellent social media and journalistic skills.
The Social Media Editors enhance and create stories across a wide variety of social media platforms and ensure that these are distributed properly on social channels.
- Editing and maintaining the Telegraph’s main social media feeds to a high standard.
- Creating written, graphic and video content to be distributed on social media channels.
- Attending daily editorial conferences and weekly planning meetings to develop ideas and content plans with other desks.
- Helping the team promote the use of social media across the newsroom, working closely with journalists and desks to help develop ideas and implement strategies.
- Covering live events and breaking news on social media.
- Growing and building strong communities using social media
- Monitoring and researching social media and search trends and emerging platforms/tools/channels.
Essential skills required for the role
- Has worked in a social media role with a good understanding of content production.
- Strong knowledge of social media and has creative storytelling ideas to enhance our stories
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation and initiative.
- The ability to work comfortably both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent and clear communication and presentation skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst maintain flawless accuracy.
Additional skills useful for the role
- Experience working with social video.
- Experience working on Instagram Stories or Snapchat.
What you can expect from the Telegraph is you are the successful candidate
You’ll work across the newsroom with all editorial channels, creating new concepts to promote the fantastic journalism we do here.
Working with top journalists, video producers and design teams, you’ll help to bring the words we write to life through social media. You’ll be part of a team leading the way in working out how to tell the best stories - whether that’s through social video scripts, Instagram stories or the next big social network.
Click 'APPLY' now.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.