The Sun, General News Reporter
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Sun is the biggest news brand in the UK - and still growing - with a talented and diverse team who publish the best news, sport, showbiz and lifestyle stories in print and digital.
We are looking for a first class news reporter to join Fleet Street’s most dynamic news operation.
To produce outstanding, engaging stories and world beating exclusives that win new readers across the newspaper and the website.
- To produce brilliant news stories every day.
- Independently generate exclusives from your own sources and contacts
- Ability to cover live breaking news effectively for both the newspaper and the website
- Turn around copy and content quickly and accurately; mindful of IPSO and legal issues
- Being able to write in a concise and entertaining way in keeping with Sun style but free from cliche
- Understanding how to recirculate readers within The Sun across all formats and keep them engaged with our content
- Being able to work as part of a team in a constantly adapting working environment that is always striving to find the new way of telling news stories
- Working with video desk and picture desk to maximum effect
- Interviewing people from all walks of life in the most challenging of circumstance
Key Skills and Experience:
- Online or print reporting experience in a newsroom
- Excellent, fast writing and basic subbing skills
- Passion for all things news
- Peerless and wide-ranging contacts book
- Flexible attitude to working hours across seven days
- A willingness to embrace ongoing digital challenges such as social media
- Good head under pressure and working to tight deadlines
- Own transport and willing to travel at very short notice
Click 'APPLY' now.
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.