The Sun, Health Reporter
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Sun is the biggest news brand in the UK - and still growing - with a talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, lifestyle and showbiz in print and digital.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced health reporter to join The Sun's health team. We want the most talented and committed journalists, and welcome applications from experts, as well as reporters keen to specialise.
- In-depth knowledge of a wide range of health topics
- Proven ability to cover emerging trends, write engaging features and think-up new and imaginative angles
- Experience of reporting on health for a national newspaper or magazine, online or in print
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to deliver vibrant and clean copy to very tight deadlines
- Have strong contacts in your field, and demonstrate an understanding of The Sun audience
- Interpret complex research, boiling down the key facts and presenting them in a fun and engaging way for The Sun reader
- Ability to write brilliant headlines in the famous Sun style and produce sparkling copy at speed
- Knowledge of social media, SEO and web publishing
- Enthusiasm, imagination and a notebook brimming with ideas are essential
- Being a self-starter is key - as is the ability to thrive under pressure in a busy newsroom
- Have a thorough knowledge of the IPSO Code of Conduct, media law and ethical considerations
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern
Key Skills and Experience:
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Proactive and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Positive can-do attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Can demonstrate an understanding of The Sun brand, both print and digital
Click 'APPLY' now.
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.