Key Publishing, Group Editor - Modern Military
6 days left
- Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Group Editor to join our Modern Military team.
You will be responsible for overseeing modern military content creation for Key Publishing, alongside a specific focus on Air Forces Monthly and Combat Aircraft Journal monthly magazines and content for the brands in print and on other platforms, such as Key.Aero.
You will ensure content created is on-schedule, within budget and provide a good basis for advertising and other revenue-generating metrics.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Maintain good communication with all relevant departments
- Oversee the costing and payment of contributors and arrange for safe return of material upon production/rejection
- Improve the quality and range of contributor material
- Maintain/oversee relevant budgets
- Plan/maintain/control/monitor content creation to ensure despatch on designated deadlines to distinct platforms
- Assess manuscripts/other contributions and ascertain their suitability or need for further research/photography/other images for use
- Proactively support and attend shows, events and other related activities as appropriate to the development of the brand
- Keep up to date with developments in the subject sector, especially news and trends
- Plan/maintain/control/monitor content creation across the Group to ensure maximum efficiency of output against defined objectives, maximising all differentiation to make each brand distinct in its market
- Management, training and development of any team member
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Good working knowledge of current word processing and content management programmes
- Strong specialist knowledge
- Ability to create accessible, impactful content, in line with the audience profile and with adherence to agreed style and format
- Thorough knowledge of publishing and the law, especially relating to libel; ascertaining copyright and breaching thereof
- Appreciation of what constitutes good illustration/design
- Understanding of audience needs and wants and how to meet them
- Print craft skills, digital skills and social media expertise
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to assess/predict competing brands; to keep abreast of developments and trends in the market.
Click 'APPLY' now.