Newsweek, Deputy Managing Editor - London Bureau
Newsweek is looking to hire an experienced digital editor to oversee its weekend team in London.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in U.S. news, and be well-versed in multiple topics, including world news, culture and science.
The Deputy Managing Editor will have experience leading a breaking news team, and will report to the Managing Editor, London Bureau.
This is a full-time position based in our offices in Canary Wharf, London. However, staff are temporarily working from home due to the Covid19 situation.
Weekly working pattern: Wednesday-Sunday / Thursday-Monday / Friday-Tuesday
- Commissioning and editing first-person essays
- Generating original ideas and organising exclusive interviews
- Writing quality content for publication on Newsweek.com
- Spotting trends and developing fresh angles
- Forward planning for news events
- Bachelor’s degree in related area
- Relevant experience in a similar position for a reputable news organisation
- Knowledge of SEO
- Flexible hours
- Deep understanding of U.S. politics
- Competent in using office software such as Google Suite and Microsoft Office
Click 'APPLY NOW'.