The Independent, Breaking News & Live Journalists - Sport
3 days left
- Full Time
The Independent is looking for a talented journalist to join the title’s sport department, focusing on breaking news and live reporting.
The successful candidate will have a genuine passion for news, know exactly what lines to focus on, and what stories to prioritise.
The right candidate will have the ability to spot unique angles and understand how to cut through the noise online producing fast, accurate and reliable copy to tight deadlines.
Candidates should also have a clear understanding of how to grow online audiences both on and off platform, and be an expert in SEO techniques.
The right person will join a team of journalists who enjoy their work and have taken time to create a clear identity for the brand and grow a loyal audience.
Key responsibilities and skills:
- Writing content suitable for the Independent.
- Understanding online audience techniques and apply them to all work.
- Responding to breaking news and trends.
- Coming up with new and interesting content ideas.
- Being a self-starter.
- Excellent written English.
- Journalism qualification.
- Spot opportunity and react in an agile manner.
- Work closely with colleagues in the wider editorial team and commercial department.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of successfully working in a similar role at a similar title.
- Strong familiarity with the Independent and our coverage.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Skilled content creator.
- Ability to clearly communicate.
- Expert knowledge of trends.
- Experience of working in a dynamic fast-paced media environment.
- Continuous Improvement – Works in a smart, flexible and focussed way, is open to change and suggests ideas for improvements to the way things are done.
- Collaboration – Builds and maintains positive and supportive working relationships with colleagues. Helps to create an inclusive and professional work environment.
- Building Capability – Keeps own knowledge and skill set current and evolving and looks for ways to continue learning to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Quality Service – Delivers high quality and efficient service and takes account of the diverse customer needs and requirements when looking at ways to improve service quality.
- Responsive Delivery - Works to agreed business goals and objectives and deals with challenges in a constructive and responsive way. Takes personal responsibility for quality of outputs.
Click 'APPLY NOW'.