50 Best, PR & Communications Manager
50 Best is the global leader in premium gastronomic awards events, widely recognized as the leading innovator within our field.
Our brand portfolio now includes The World’s 50 Best Restaurants, Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants, Latin America’s 50 Best Restaurants, 50 Best Discovery, as well as The World’s 50 Best Bars and Asia’s 50 Best Bars. 2021 will also see the launch of 50 Next as the portfolio continues to expand, with new launches planned for the years ahead.
Communication is now at the heart of our strategy to turn the 50 Best brand into a ‘tastemaker, not just a list-maker’, and to cement itself as a positive force in gastronomy while delivering ROI-driven, multi-channel communication campaigns for our sponsors.
Due to exceptional growth, the need has arisen to hire an experienced in-house PR & Communications Manager.
The role will involve managing our communications operations with our network of international PR agencies, managing our global communications plan and executing effective programs to increase awareness and develop a positive, credible and influential brand image.
The candidate will be expected to lead in idea generation and project coordination and to liaise with 50 Best internal teams to ensure smooth rollout of communication plans.
The PR & Communications manager will become an integral part of the 50 Best organisation, which currently runs more than 10 major events a year across the world (at least in more usual circumstances than 2020), coordinating a multi-channel multi-sponsor communications plan. The role will report directly to the Director of Content.
The role will include some international travel and would therefore suit a candidate with interest and wide experience in international communication. Fluency in other languages would be a distinct advantage.
Flexible and remote working can be discussed according to candidate’s profile and experience, but the candidate will need to be based in the UK for regular access to the company’s head office.
Purpose of Role:
To support brand communication and messaging, media reach through optimal management of PR agency network, PR campaigns, social media and media monitoring.
The PR & Communication Manager is expected to:
- Coordinate the annual PR plan, calendar and manage annual budget
- Support Director of Content and Marketing Manager in developing brand communication, vision and action plan
- Manage third-party PR agency selection process from pitch to negotiation of contracts and scope of services
- Manage agencies involved in the media relations of our events/activities from start to post event reports
- In conjunction with PR agencies, develop key media messages, Q&As, press releases (excluding writing), key assets for media (photography, video…), media kits, infographics and other necessary materials to support media pitching, story development and key interviews
- Drive and facilitate press release development with Content and Partnerships teams from briefing to design, translations and approvals
- Coordinate events media relations (on-site or remotely depending on the event) including event PR agency briefing and coordination, press conference and media moment coordination, selection and distribution of assets (hero shots and pics on media centre, video clips)
- Manage process of countering negative publicity and handle crisis and emergency communications in alignment with Director of Content
- Continue to build a global database of media/influencers contacts from events and activities
- Liaise with chefs/bartenders, our key sponsors and their PR agencies where required
- Manage online Media Centre with Content team
- Evaluate opportunities for business/media partnerships and advertising on an on-going basis
- Social media and media monitoring: management of monitoring agency, from contract negotiation to briefing, reporting for sponsors, brand reputation and following of media trends
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of five years in communication and press relations (agency or in-house)
- Exposure to international communication including international PR, knowledge of media landscape outside the UK, managing PR events outside the UK
- Experience in PR event communication with significant attendance
- Proven track record in developing and delivering consumer-facing brand PR campaigns both at local and international level which deliver results.
- Experience and understanding of media needs and relationships on an international basis
- Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms and experience in influencer campaigns
- Strong communication and presentation skills – written and verbal
- Excellent collaborative team-working skills; positive and professional attitude
- Ability to thrive under pressure and to work at speed around events
- Commercial acumen and awareness
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, responsible and accurate with attention to detail
- The ability to keep information confidential
- A keen interest in the world of food and drink
- Excellent knowledge of PowerPoint, and Adobe packages is desirable
- A willingness to travel
- Language skills a major advantage, especially Spanish
Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, English, Communications or Marketing with a PR or Advertising concentration is preferable, but not essential.
Click 'APPLY NOW' and send us your CV and covering letter.