The Scottish Sun, Editor-in-Chief
4 days left
- Full Time
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Sun is the biggest news brand in the UK - and still growing - with a talented and diverse team who publish the best news, sport, showbiz and lifestyle stories in print and digital.
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Editor-in-Chief for The Scottish Sun.
Reporting to the Editor of The Sun, the position is responsible ensuring the world class standards of digital and print journalism, and leading the editorial team as we move to a digital first company across 7 days a week.
- Leading and developing a unified, story first news team across digital, social & print across 7 days
- Ensuring that all products are commercially viable and cost efficient
- Managing all costs to ensure the business is futureproofed, with efficient expenditure of budgets against agreed audience objectives
- Developing a sustainable talent pool and ensuring that skill sets across all teams remain future focused
- Creating a diverse and inclusive product from an editorial perspective, and talent pool of contributors and staff
- Maintaining a close working relationship with the Managing Director and Scottish senior leadership team, as well as an excellent relationship with London via the Managing Editors and senior editorial staff
- Seeking opportunities to collaborate with other NUK titles and companies in Ireland/Scotland
- Working collaboratively with all internal departments including commercial, marketing, audience & insight, production & distribution, finance and HR
- Developing an external profile as the spokesperson for The Scottish Sun, with key political, business and commercial stakeholders
- Contributing to industry bodies and working groups to sustain and grow the significance of our business
Skills and Experience:
- An impeccable background in world class journalism
- Experience in leading high performance teams and business transformation
- Skilled in creating commercially viable editorial projects and initiatives
- An existing contributor to external bodies with key connections in business and politics
Click 'APPLY' now.
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.