LADbible Group, Sub-Editor
We’re looking for a Sub-Editor to join LADbible Group’s social video team.
You will be responsible for ensuring our journalists and video editors deliver high-quality videos with factually correct and on-brand scripts and accurate creator credits.
You will also ensure community standards are met and will be safeguarding against legal issues.
You will have a passion for social media, and an understanding of how to package content for social platforms.
An interest in people stories, comedy, lifestyle, sport, travel, music, tech and gaming is desirable as the social video team works across various LADbible Group brands.
What will you be doing?
- Editing and proofreading text for social video content.
- Increase accuracy, credibility and depth of stories.
- Quality control and safeguarding copy against legal issues.
- Staying across potentially sensitive content and escalating to department heads where necessary.
- Liaising with Journalists and Video Editors.
- Help drive editorial tone of the brands.
What do you need to have done before?
- Previous experience Sub-Editing for digital or social video content
- Qualification or on-the-job training in Sub-Editing
- Confident working quickly and accurately to various deadlines
- A high standard of written English
- Outstanding proofreading and editing skills
- Fast and accurate research skills
- Expertise in media law
- Newsroom experience preferable
- NCTJ qualified
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.
Click 'APPLY' now!