Insurance Age, Senior Reporter
Insurance Age, the premier title for the insurance broker community in the UK, is expanding its award-winning news team and is seeking a higher level senior reporter with an eye for a good story who thrives under the pressure of a busy, but fun, newsroom.
We’re looking for a tenacious, energetic second or third-jobber. Someone experienced in reporting either at a local news outlet or for a similar business-to business title.
You will be responsible for bringing in scoops, writing exclusives and making a name for yourself in the vibrant and sociable world of insurance.
- NCTJ qualifications are ideal and shorthand is desirable
- Experience of local news and/or financial reporting/analysis
- Experience in managing tight deadlines
- Strong news and feature writing skills
- Willingness to network with the insurance market in days and evenings
What you’ll be doing:
- Writing news for the website and monthly magazine. This will be comprised of exclusives, some relevant press releases, company news including accounts reporting and any other relevant market news
- Contributing to news analysis and features
- Interviewing on the phone, video-conference platforms and in person for both news and features
- Subbing and publishing colleague copy online
- Uploading stories on to the content management system
- Managing our daily news alert
- Representing Insurance Age at external and internal events
- Working with the Editor and News Editor to develop and follow-up key stories
- Contributing to videos and podcasts where required
Who is Infopro Digital?
Insurance Age is owned by Infopro Digital a leading B2B information and marketing services provider with presence in 15 countries. Infopro Digital was founded in 2001 by Christophe Czajka, an ex-Bertelsmann executive.
We have quickly grown to become a leading player in the business-to-business information and services industry, offering clients a range of multi-media products and solutions.
In addition to a Competitive Salary we offer the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave (rising up to 30 days)
- Group personal pension plan
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Bonusly employee recognition
- Employee discount scheme
- Onsite monthly chair massage
- Eye-care Vouchers
- Vodafone employee advantage scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (STL)
- Discounted gym membership
Annual Flex Benefits
- Income protection
- Additional life assurance
- Bike to work
- Buying holiday
- Dental insurance
- Add partner to gym membership
- Health screening
- Private medical insurance
And many more!
Infopro Digital also runs The Foundation which supports a number of charities. Staff can volunteer to contribute their skills and expertise to make a meaningful difference to the lives of others.
Click 'APPLY' now.