Windpower Monthly, Editor
Reports to: Senior Business Director, E+E
Direct Reports: Online Content Manager and Reporter
Haymarket is seeking an editor for its flagship global renewables brand Windpower Monthly.
In these exciting times for the wind power sector, we are reimagining the brand in all its channels and the editor will be key to leading on these changes and helping us to drive our already successful products to a whole new level.
We need someone who’s keen, motivated, knowledgeable and bursting with ideas. Proven leadership and a full range of editorial skills are essential.
Our new editor must hit the ground running and deliver brilliant outcomes that will help the burgeoning wind power industry to reshape the consumption of energy across the world.
The editor will lead the Windpower Monthly editorial team working across online, print and content solutions.
The role will create efficiencies to deliver effective, relevant and highly engaging content with a view to growing our audience share and taking the brand forward.
The editor should be the face of the brand, moderate and host WPM events, lead and moderate videos, roundtable discussions, podcasts and webinars.
The focus should be on making the brand the go-to source for information, intelligence and networking within the sector and show proactivity in exploring new opportunities to elevate the brand within the wind industry.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Lead the editorial team and global network of correspondents to produce content for a digital first brand. Namely, a website, daily and weekly bulletins, quarterly print magazine, special reports and events. Launch webinars and podcasts to provide new content solution offerings for the audience.
- Create opinion-led content to move the brand into a thought-leadership position and away from a predominately news led site. Develop a content strategy including editorial focus, themes, frequency, bulletin offerings and content promotion using HAI metrics to drive the direction.
- Manage the Windpower Intelligence data editor to maximise and optimise the use of Windpower Intelligence data content in editorial reports and features.
- Initiate, develop and deliver innovative story ideas for a variety of media platforms that help extend the brand’s reach and engagement. Actively use WPI data and intelligence in features and stories.
- Actively engage with the content and website’s performance through HAI, in terms of increasing monthly LIUs and known audience metrics, ensuring agreed targets are achieved.
- Work with colleagues across departments to achieve reach & engagement goals across social media, the web and live events, to support the brand’s commercial success.
- Maintain solid market awareness in order to identify new opportunities through which to expand the brand’s scope and visibility.
- Stay ahead of industry trends and own the development of creating a thought leadership position in the industry.
- Manage implementation of new projects and launches.
- Attract, hire, develop and manage the performance of people, coaching, counseling and communicating the business needs in order to ensure the team is fully effective.
- Manage the editorial freelance budget and optimise spend to align with content strategy.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of editorial processes and best practices.
- Liaise regularly with commercial and events teams to ensure brand goals are aligned and commercial initiatives are supported by editorial to help achieve brand commercial success.
- Hold regular editorial team meetings to set the tone and encourage discussion to build team camaraderie.
- Editor, Deputy Editor or News Editor experience
- Experience in creating content strategies to drive growth and reach
- Excellent organisation and communication skills to led the editorial team and collaborate with internal teams
- Significant experience in a senior editorial role with a successful B2B publiction — preferably a global brand
- Demonstrated leadership and team management experience, including a remote global network of freelance correspondents.
- Ability to produce the highest-quality exclusive editorial content commanding premium subscription rates, including data-led content
- Experience in working with content performance metrics, such as HAI, understanding how to use them to drive content strategies and a focus on driving known audience targets
- A proven ability to work effectively under stringent budgetary and deadline requirements
- A proven ability to prioritise and juggle new projects with routine editorial activities
- Background in and passion for renewables, energy and environment
- Excellent contacts within the wind power and renewable industry
- A confident outgoing leader
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfort in working with commercial teams and understanding the brand’s financial objectives
- A can-do attitude and positive mindset
- A team player who leads by example
Click 'APPLY' now.