Health Tech World, Editor
With demand for healthcare insight and ideas at an all-time high, Aspect Publishing is building a portfolio of exciting health-based magazines.
We are currently recruiting for an editor to take charge of our newest title, Health Tech World.
We are looking for people with NCTJ qualifications and some paid newspaper or magazine journalism experience.
This is an opportunity to develop your career in a growth area of the media. You will have access to the very latest storytelling tools and be part of a friendly, journalist-led team based in our offices in Newcastle - with remote working in-line with covid-19 restrictions.
Health Tech World is for everyone with a professional interest in health technology.
Our aim is to report on all aspects of new and future healthcare tech, bringing together news, opinion and analysis on key topics including AI, robotics, biomedicine and digital health.
We are seeking a journalist who is interested in and passionate about the power of tech to change lives.
Duties of the roles include:
- Interviewing healthcare and other professionals
- Shaping and guiding our editorial priorities
- Writing news and features
- Liaising with advertisers to produce advertorial/sponsored content
- Using a CRM system and project management tools to collaborate with your colleagues
- Writing longer 'immersive storytelling' articles
- Managing your time independently
- Being personable, confident and professional in the presence of interviewees and clients
- Working to tight deadlines under pressure
- Utilising social media to help grow audience and share content
- Representing the company at events in the UK and overseas
- Experience in journalism and strong writing skills
- Able to adapt to different writing styles
- Strong communication skills
- Good organisational skills and knowledge of basic IT software
- Good interpersonal skills
- Confident working independently
- Hard working and determined
- Willing to make necessary changes to improve performance
- Social media experience
- Fully committed to the role, with no freelance distractions
Our offices are in Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne. Remote working options will be provided in line with covid-19 restrictions. However, we are looking for a candidate who is locally based and who can work from the office. This is a full-time role.
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to email a CV and cover letter specifying which role you are applying for to Mr Andrew Mernin, Editorial Director, Aspect Publishing.
Closing date: 30 January 2021