PEI, Magazine Editor
This successful candidate will take on the newly created role of leading the day-to-management, content creation and on-time delivery of the print edition of PEI’s two real estate-focused publishing brands, PERE (perenews.com) and Real Estate Capital (recapitalnews.com).
Housed within PEI’s Real Estate Group (REG) of editors and reporters, the Editor, Magazines will plan, commission and edit the content for the 10 annual magazine editions of PERE and the four quarterly editions of Real Estate Capital.
They may also be required to contribute their own articles to the titles. Working as a senior member within REG, the Editor, Magazines will play a significant role in shaping the two titles’ overall journalistic agenda.
- To lead the day-to-day management and curation of PERE and REC magazines, and to help set the titles’ editorial agenda.
- To manage the magazine flatplans, working closely with REG Senior Editor and the REC Editor, as well as:
- External contributors
- PEI’s research and analytics team (R&A)
- PEI’s production team
- PEI’s design team
- REG’s marketing solutions team.
- To set and manage to sensibly staggered deadlines the delivery schedules of all magazine content for PERE and REC.
- To manage the conversion of digital content to print for inclusion in the magazines.
- To manage the conversion of print to digital for inclusions on PERE and REC websites.
- To regularly and frequently contribute insight and analysis ideas for both PERE and REC.
- To write insight and analysis pieces, when required, for both PERE and REC.
- To commission and manage proprietary guest commentaries for PERE and REC magazines.
- To attend industry meetings and events and to participate in PERE’s own events.
- To contribute to the promotion of REG magazine content on social media.
- To work where appropriate with the R&A team in data collation and verification for various PERE research-orientated set piece features.
- Substantial experience in financial journalism and print media
- Familiarity with content creation and editorial production processes
- Writing and editing of long- and short-form articles and market analysis pieces
- Developing briefs and commissioning content from internal and external contributors
- Headline writing and handling of visual content components (e.g. images, charts, infographics)
Essential Knowledge / Skills
- Managing a varied workload with competing deadlines as part of a global team
- Perfect written English and a demonstrable attention to detail
- Strong writing, copy-editing and story-telling skills
- Impeccable time and deadline management
- Self-motivated and willing to take responsibility
- A team player, recognising the need to collaborate to deliver on the product’s mission
- Comfortable operating in a grown-up working environment where regular feedback is provided and the eyes of several (senior) interested parties will always be focused
- Resilient under pressure – able to remain focused in the face of multiple competing priorities and ensure key deadlines are met
- Diplomacy: able to display multi-faceted communication skills in a persuasive, but diplomatic way to ensure that outstanding results are achieved, and the right deadlines and initiatives get prioritized
- High degree of personal pride in own and company work, constantly striving to improve
- A BA or BS degree or higher
- Private Medical Insurance
Click 'APPLY' now.