Insurance Insider, Deputy Editor
Insurance Insider is looking for a Deputy Editor to join its senior editorial team in London in a newly created role.
The team is focused on providing unrivalled market intelligence and real-time insight to senior professionals in the insurance sector based on broad networks of sources and deep knowledge of the industry.
Our mantra is to ensure our readers know first, and understand better.
The Deputy Editor will play a key role in managing and delivering our newswire service, initially operating under the oversight of our Head of News Desk. We are looking for a candidate that is keen to progress with the organisation, and to take on additional responsibility over time.
We are looking for an experienced news journalist that is comfortable operating at speed across a wide range of stories in an environment where there is a high tariff around mistakes.
The role would also suit a candidate that is keen to progress within the organisation and take on more responsibility after a ramp-up period on the sector.
The Deputy Editor will:
- Triage a wide range of sources of public information to determine what is in-scope for coverage;
- Assign, edit and approve news stories for publication, directing the work of reporters and working with sub-editors;
- Work with the reporters to improve the speed, quality and sophistication of their stories over time;
- Form part of the editorial leadership team of the organisation, feeding into discussions around content strategy
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience operating within a fast-paced newsroom with a high volume of content
- An interest in and understanding of business and financial markets (although direct experience of writing about insurance is not expected)
- A cool head and an ability to effectively multi-task and prioritise
- Strong writing/editing skills, with scrupulous attention to detail
- A determination to win and a desire to be part of a cohesive team focused on delivering first-class journalism
Insurance Insider is part of Insider Publishing, a unit of FTSE 250 business Euromoney Institutional Investor that provides market intelligence and rapid insight on the insurance sector.
The award-winning unit employs 15 journalists and analysts across its London and New York teams, and has continued to deliver top- and bottom-line growth this financial year despite the impact of the pandemic.
To apply, please click 'APPLY NOW' to submit a CV and covering letter to Managing Editor, Catrin Shi.