Real Response Media, Editor
2 days left
- Full Time
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for an Editor to relaunch two B2B magazines and an accompanying website within the fast-paced aviation sector at a rapidly growing publishing company in north London.
The company has taken on four industry publications to add to its thriving portfolio in the cruising sector (see worldofcruising.co.uk and cruisetradenews.com).
As Editor you will be responsible for one bi-monthly and one quarterly magazine.
You will be running the budget, writing and commissioning features, editing, reviewing designs and understanding the sector the magazines serve, plus overseeing the launch of a new website for both titles to include features, news, interviews and video.
As the company expands its digital presence, you will also be expected to contribute to and oversee digital publications. You will have one shared direct report and will be working alongside a designer and sub-editor.
This is a pivotal role in the company and you will be expected to lead on editorial strategy, digital output, commercial partnerships and all content associated with the titles.
There will be the opportunity for some travel, both UK and overseas, to attend events, conferences and industry functions.
This role would suit a talented and ambitious Deputy or Features Editor ready to step up and take ownership of their own magazines, or an Editor who is looking for a new challenge and the opportunity of getting involved in covering a dynamic industry.
The company is a small, friendly publishing house with 15 staff, a strong team atmosphere and a dedication to producing the best quality publications.
- Developing content for each issue of each publication
- Delivering editorial content for the website
- Delivering editorial content for digital titles
- Working closely with contributors
- Networking and building relationships with key individuals in the industry and with readers
- Working on events, awards, additional projects and supplements that support the brand
- Representing the company at UK and international events
- Excellent journalism skills – research, writing and editing
- Ability to write quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Solid experience of commissioning and managing a contributors’ budget
- A proactive, adaptable, versatile approach
- Commitment to making and managing exceptional content
- Ability to ensure that the magazines make the most of their content and assets across a range of digital formats
- A minimum of three years’ journalism experience across both print AND digital
- Experience in editing InDesign files, using WordPress and creating flatplans
- Excellent project management, networking and communications skills
- Excellent understanding of the magazine publishing process
Click 'APPLY NOW'.