Incisive Works, Editor - Financial Services Content
Incisive Media is an entrepreneurial and creative, digital-facing organisation on the cutting edge of media. Working in our three core markets, sustainability, financial services and technology, we provide analyst-grade insight, business intelligence and content to specialist networks of business professionals around the globe.
What you will be doing
As finance editor at Incisive Works, you will work closely with our content strategists and research analyst writing articles, reports and content on diverse topics covering investment, asset management, financial planning and the pensions worlds. You may also be required to analyse results from our market research surveys and produce content that provides a clear and authoritative take on core trends today. You will also – when circumstances permit – have the opportunity to work on our high-quality video content, writing scripts and/or hosting Q&A sessions with individuals from the industry.
We are looking for someone that can brainstorm innovative story ideas and create highly engaging thought leadership that resonates with the target audience and crucially, supports clients’ business and marketing objectives. The finance editor must also be someone with good attention to detail; able to accurately proofread copy and mange project timelines.
At Incisive Works, you will be working in a truly creative, multi-disciplinary team encompassing digital designers, videographers, marketers, and writers. Therefore, curiosity and fresh ideas are essential as we experiment with different techniques and formats until we find one that best suits our demanding and time-poor audiences.
The ideal candidate should have a background in journalism or content marketing and be comfortable networking with clients. You will have a minimum of two years writing experience, and the preferred candidate will be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of financial markets – together with a real passion for the topic.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Create sector leading insights that are both topical and engaging with the target audience
- Produce content in multiple formats (print, digital including mobile, video) to a very high standard and to deadline
- Collaborate with strategists and marketing to ensure maximum visibility of content to targeted decision makers
- Comfortable liaising with clients on calls/visits to discuss content options, processes and progress as required by the Content Account Director
- Occasional presenting on video or at Incisive client-sponsored events
What we value
Our ideal candidate will have a good understanding of what makes content impactful, persuasive, and valued but the target audience, with an innate curiosity to keep learning what works and to ‘borrow’ from the best.
Skills & Abilities
- A creative thinker able to produce content to a high standard
- Adherence to production deadlines and ability to produce copy to deadline
- Strong team player able to effectively collaborate with other disciplines: design, sales, & digital marketing.
- Good networking ability – able to get on with colleagues and clients and build trust.
- Solid knowledge of financial markets
How to apply
Click on 'APPLY' to start your journey.
If this isn't the right job for you then perhaps you have a friend who might be suitable? Click on 'Refer a friend' to recommend someone.
We look forward to welcoming you on board!
What you can expect from us
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people, we operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career, tailoring your development through management support, internal & external training courses and on the job training. Based in a fantastic location in Covent Garden, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts! (we’re currently 100% remote).
We also offer a range of benefits including:
- A rewarding environment where success is recognised
- Excellent training and development programmes
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance
- Group personal pension plan
- Free eye tests
- Retail discounts
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- IMFoundation - staff can volunteer a small amount of their time to contribute their skills and make a meaningful difference to the lives of others
Plus a huge number of flexible salary sacrifice benefits including private medical insurance, childcare vouchers, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, gym discounts, and many more!