Incisive Works, Editor - TechnologyContent
Incisive Media is an entrepreneurial and creative, digital-facing organisation on the cutting edge of media. Working in our three core markets, sustainability, financial services and technology, we provide analyst-grade insight, business intelligence and content to specialist networks of business professionals around the globe.
What you will be doing
You will be writing articles, reports and white papers on diverse technology subjects – from skills shortages in cyber security to the business case for cloud migration. You will work alongside our market research team, analysing results from our market research surveys – producing content that gives a clear, authoritative take on market trends. You will present research at our live online events, and work on discussion frameworks for panel debates. You will also – when circumstances permit – have the opportunity to appear on camera interviewing IT leaders.
You’ll be working in a truly creative, multi-disciplinary team encompassing digital designers, videographers, marketers and other writers. You will have a minimum of two years writing experience, and a good working knowledge of technology – together with a passion for the topic.
Curiosity and fresh ideas are essential as we experiment with different techniques until we find the stories and the formats that best suit our demanding and time-poor audiences.
The preferred candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong track record in content production, either as a marketer or with a background in journalism, be comfortable networking with clients and working hand in hand with a sales team.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Produce content in multiple formats to a very high standard, including video, PDF digital content and mobile
- Collaborate with marketing to ensure maximum visibility of content to targeted decision makers
- Conducting research surveys (with support from a researcher)
- Commissioning of editorial freelancers and designers when necessary
- Provide creative ideas for the sales team to pitch to customers
- Collaborate with sales on pitches
- Join sales on calls/visits to discuss content options, processes and progress
- Working with the Director of Content and Performance Marketing Solutions to develop the commercial proposition
- Occasional presenting at Incisive client-sponsored events (research findings)
What we value
Our ideal candidate will have a good understanding of what makes content impactful, persuasive, and valued but the target audience, with an innate curiosity to keep learning what works and to ‘borrow’ from the best.
Skills & Abilities
- Produce content to a high standard in collaboration with team members
- Adherence to production deadlines and ability to produce copy to deadline
- Strong team player able to effectively collaborate with other disciplines: design, sales, & digital marketing.
- Good networking ability – able to get on with clients and build trust.
- Deep knowledge of business technology
How to apply
Click on 'APPLY' to start your journey.
If this isn't the right job for you then perhaps you have a friend who might be suitable? Click on 'Refer a friend' to recommend someone.
We look forward to welcoming you on board!
What you can expect from us
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people, we operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career, tailoring your development through management support, internal & external training courses and on the job training. Based in a fantastic location in Covent Garden, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
We also offer a range of benefits including:
- A rewarding environment where success is recognised
- Excellent training and development programmes
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave
- Life assurance
- Group personal pension plan
- Free eye tests
- Retail discounts
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- IMFoundation - staff can volunteer a small amount of their time to contribute their skills and make a meaningful difference to the lives of others
Plus a huge number of flexible salary sacrifice benefits including private medical insurance, childcare vouchers, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, gym discounts, and many more!