i, Audience Development Manager
i is looking for an Audience Development Manager to support the work of our busy newsroom, leading conversations on audience analytics with reporters and editors.
You will help to improve the commissioning of our journalism and to deepen engagement with our audience.
This role will also take a lead in developing best data practices, delivering actionable insights across the newsroom, and communicating with stakeholders throughout the business.
At 10 years old, i is Britain's youngest national newspaper and website. We publish reporting, opinion and in-depth features for an intelligent audience. Growing in influence and profitable, in 2020 i was named Britain’s most trusted national news brand (PAMCo), Daily Newspaper of the Year (London Press Club) and News Website of the Year (Online Media Awards). i now has an opportunity to grow again with investment in our original journalism under new owners - so we are looking to recruit to our ambitious editorial team.
Key areas of responsibility
- Deliver data-derived insight to journalists across the newsroom, while also coaching them to be proactive in examining data.
- Driving analytical best practice at the i, improving on existing data analyses, and innovating new ones.
- Support the management team by designing and proactively proposing data analysis to inform questions around the wider business strategy.
- Encourage teamwork and collaboration within the Audience team, contributing to most data decisions and projects.
- Undertake formal line management responsibilities as and when this becomes necessary.
Skills and Experience
- Substantial analytics experience from working in news media.
- Experience working in collaboration with journalists to deliver actionable insight that shape commissioning behaviours, optimisation and strategy.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to concisely explain difficult concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Experience in creating compelling and insightful stories from data that influence stakeholders and are tailored to the audience.
- Highly numerate and data literate.
- Comfortable managing more junior colleagues - for instance in delegating, overseeing tasks, and setting timelines.
- High attention to detail and a determination to strive for accuracy and quality.
- Experience with PowerBI, or similar platform.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, or similar analytical platforms.
- Familiarity with more mature analytical techniques: such as statistical modelling, behavioural segmentation, and/or propensity modelling.
- Skilled in Data Visualisation techniques and design.
Closing Date: 24th February 2021