House Beautiful, Executive Editor
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us at House Beautiful as our new Executive Editor to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
House Beautiful champions modern living and affordable style, inspiring and helping its audience to turn their aspiration of living in a stylish home into an achievable reality. Across its print and digital channels, House Beautiful curates the latest home trends, and offers accessible décor and styling ideas, shoppable looks at high street prices, and real-life homes and room renovations. The editorial content also focuses on lifestyle topics such as food, gardening and wellbeing – ensuring readers reap the benefits and enjoyment of living in a home that they have worked hard to make their own.
The House Beautiful team is a small and specialist one and everyone works together to deliver high quality editorial content and engaging campaigns that are inspiring, useful and relevant to the way people are living in their homes today.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Editor-in-Chief, you will primarily be responsible for planning and delivering all aspects of editorial content for each issue of the magazine. Working under the direction of the Editor-in-Chief and closely with the digital editor, you will set the strategic brief and manage the House Beautiful team to provide a highly engaging brand experience for the audience, advertisers and licensing partners, always ensuring that you produce highly engaging content and balance costs to deliver within budget.
- A proven track record as an experienced Deputy Editor or senior editorial member of a magazine team.
- Can demonstrate an acute knowledge of the day to day operation of content creation.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A can-do attitude and flexible around the breadth of the role.
WHAT WE OFFER
- At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
- Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options!
- Summer working hours
- Discounted gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!