Investment Week, Features Editor
4 days left
- Full Time
Incisive Media is an entrepreneurial and creative, digital-facing organisation on the cutting edge of media. Working in our three core markets, sustainability, financial services and technology, we provide analyst-grade insight, business intelligence and content to specialist networks of business professionals around the globe.
Incisive Media’s Investment Week provides the latest investment news, analysis and opinion for wealth managers and the UK funds industry and has been the premier publication for the investment industry for more than 20 years. The print and digital editions serve investment professionals in the UK and are read by key decision-makers such as chief investment officers, multi-managers, investment gatekeepers and wealth managers.
We are looking for a features editor with experience in financial journalism that can join the team in writing and commissioning both longer-form content, helping the news desk when required and producing data-led features and analysis.
What you will be doing
- The role will be multi-platform working across print/online/video to tell our stories.
- Work with the editor to agree on key themes the brand should be focusing on.
- Write and commission long-form special articles/series on a variety of topics of interest to our readers including regulation, new technologies, ESG, diversity pieces, market trends.
- Work out a video schedule of interesting content in easily accessible formats and monitor their impact.
- Help run the weekly schedule for comment pieces and contributed content for the magazine and online. Deal with freelancers, contributors and PRs.
- Build the IW brand by establishing and developing new contacts among the audience and the wider industry.
- Work with the editor, rest of the team and freelancers to ensure deadlines are met and work shared. Manage freelance budget if required.
- Help the news team when required with writing articles for online, as well as sending some news alerts.
- Work closely with production to ensure engaging layouts in print and interactive layouts online and through social media.
- Help the editor to sub and proofread magazine articles, as well as op-eds for both print and online.
- Represent IW in the market and attend key events, both within and outside normal office hours.
- Strong story judgement and writing skills
- Proven ability to source own stories and angles, as well as build contact book
- Ability to explain complex markets to a wide business audience
- Experience using data and analytical tools to identify and highlight trends
- Excellent team player/collaborator
- Existing experience editing and proofreading articles an asset
- Prior knowledge of Excel, proficiency with graphics an advantage
The successful candidate will:
- Source original regional business news on a daily basis
- Publish online articles in a timely manner throughout the day
- Edit and publish press releases received via the newsdesk
- Share content across various social media platforms
- Work with regional business and PR contacts to establish key relationships
- Support the commercial activities of the business where required
- Carry out interviews in person, by telephone and via email
The successful candidate should:
- Have a passion for writing and creating both print and online content
- Have excellent writing skills and an eye for detail
- Have a keen interest in economic and geopolitical news
- Be comfortable in all areas of online publishing, including use of social media
- Enjoy networking and building relationships with contacts
- Be flexible and open to a fast-moving, ever-changing publishing environment
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a small but ambitious editorial team and to make a mark within a number of vibrant business news regions.
You will enjoy working as part of a creative wider team in a fantastic working environment, with flexible working hours and a generous holiday allowance.
What we value
- A good degree or equivalent
- Good experience of writing news, features, analysis, interviews
- Proven track record of seeking out off-diary and exclusive analysis, features or news and data-led articles.
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Extensive experience of meeting short and long-term deadlines
- Able to work across multiple platforms including print, online, social media and video
- Start being able to generate own ideas and develop longer-term stories
- Must be able to manage a busy workload
How to apply
Are you keen to join the Incisive Family? Click on APPLY to start your journey.
If this isn't the right job for you then perhaps you have a friend who might be suitable? Click on 'Refer a friend' to recommend someone.
We look forward to welcoming you on board!
What you can expect from us
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people, we operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career, tailoring your development through management support, internal & external training courses and on the job training. Based in a fantastic location in Covent Garden, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
We also offer a range of benefits including:
- A rewarding environment where success is recognised
- Excellent training and development programmes
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by 1 every year after 3 full years service (capped at 30 days)
- Life assurance
- Group personal pension plan
- Free eye tests
- Retail discounts
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- IMFoundation - staff can volunteer a small amount of their time to contribute their skills and make a meaningful difference to the lives of others
Plus a huge number of flexible salary sacrifice benefits including private medical insurance, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, gym discounts, and many more!