The Independent, Community Editor
3 days left
- Full Time
The Independent is looking for a Community Editor to play a key role in driving engagement from its most loyal readers. The successful candidate will be a team player, with a deep understanding of all aspects of online journalism.
Working within our audience team, they will be responsible for driving registrations to The Independent and subscriptions to the Daily Edition and Independent Premium.
- Help to build our audience of subscribers and registered users, working closely with editorial and commercial teams
- Lead on newsletter strategies to showcase the best of The Independent
- Help to build our active commenting communities and increase engagement
- Work with our marketing team to plan events on the topics that interest our readers the most
Skills and experience
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role as part of a community or audience team for a news website
- A proven track record of driving sign-ups
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with different teams
- Continuous Improvement – Works in a smart, flexible and focused way, is open to change and suggests ideas for improvements to the way things are done.
- Collaboration – Builds and maintains positive and supportive working relationships with colleagues. Helps to create an inclusive and professional work environment.
- Building Capability – Keeps own knowledge and skill set current and evolving and looks for ways to continue learning to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Quality Service – Delivers high quality and efficient service and takes account of the diverse customer needs and requirements when looking at ways to improve service quality.
- Responsive Delivery - Works to agreed business goals and objectives and deals with challenges in a constructive and responsive way. Takes personal responsibility for quality of outputs.
All of our employees are entitled to benefits including great pension, private healthcare and life insurance schemes. We also offer cycle to work and season ticket loan initiatives to make our employees’ journeys to work easier. We want our employees to enjoy working for us and we invest in training and development to support and develop rewarding careers.
ESI Media is an equal opportunities employer, if you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
Click APPLY NOW and send an up to date CV along with a full covering letter with salary expectations.
Due to the high volume of applications we will only be contacting candidates who have been shortlisted and progressed through to the next stage.
Location: The position is currently remote, due to current to current government guidelines during the Pandemic. In future, you will be based at our Head office in Kensington, London, W8.