Mirror Online, Money Reporters
Mirror Online is looking for two ambitious and news-hungry reporters to join our online Mirror Money team. You will be responsible for working on the biggest business / consumer stories each day and be expected to generate your own story ideas and exclusives. We are keen to hear from reporters with an online background in finance and consumer issues but also general reporters who are keen to move into this specialism.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Keeping one step ahead of our rivals on the biggest finance and business stories each day
- Turning around complicated stories in an easy, engaging manner
- Ability to generate brilliant exclusives and story ideas
- Good knowledge of the Mirror brand and finance issues affecting Mirror readers
- Ability to generate excellent contacts within the finance and consumer world
Who are we looking for?
- Experienced and ambitious online reporter who is passionate about finance and consumer issues
- A self-starter who is motivated to secure regular exclusives and can generate new ideas
- Excellent writer and ability to work well under pressure
- Good knowledge of media law
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 33 days holiday per annum inclusive of bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- and lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.