Reach Nationals, Acting Group Head of Social Media (10m FTC)
This role is a 10 month contract covering maternity leave.
We are looking for a highly motivated and organised leader to run our award-winning social media departments across Reach's national titles, Daily Mirror, Daily Star, Daily Express and OK! Magazine, and to drive page views/hit social KPIs and be the go-to person across the sites for everything social media.
As Acting Group Head of Social Media you will work closely with editors across the websites, papers and magazines, as well as marketing and commercial departments, this role requires someone quick-thinking, flexible, with a strong news sense and incomparable knowledge of social media.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role will involve?
- Manage a large team of 17 social media editors and senior social media editors
- Maintain strong relationships with social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat and Reddit.
- Manage the relationship with the commercial and marketing teams and oversee all social media collaborations
- Maintain relationships with all key departments across Reach
- Leading the development of Reach's social media strategy
- Be responsible for the overall output - from number of stories to tone - across our social platforms
- Be the go-to person across brands for everything social media
- Constantly reassess social strategy and come up with new and creative ways to get the most out of our platforms and grow our audiences
- Monitor the competitive landscape and stay on top of social changes within the publishing world
- Oversee traffic targets across the sites
- Ensure brand tone is clear across all platforms
- Oversee engagement, retention and monetisation across the sites
- Ensure all brands are up-to-date and compliant with any changes
- Create workshops and oversee training of journalists in social media best practices
- Disseminate information across the newsrooms
Who are we looking for?
- Experience working in social media for a brand with a large audience
- Fluency in social listening tools and analytical data
- Experience and success in implementing large scale changes on social media
- Strong, proven management skills
- In depth knowledge of social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat and Reddit.
- Excellent communication skills
- Existing relationships with social networks
- Ability to work at speed with attention to detail
- Self driven and desire to learn from the wider industry
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Understanding and keen interest in current affairs
- A sharp eye for a story
- Shows flexibility in the role and is willing to work shifts at unsociable hours (including weekends)
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- and lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.