The Independent, Tech Writer - IndyBest
The Independent is looking for a talented tech writer to join the title’s IndyBest platform.
We are seeking a reporter with experience in tech-focused ecommerce content, covering everything from kitchen gadgets to broadband deals to the latest smartphone launches. The successful candidate will have a genuine passion for ecommerce journalism, and understand how to create industry-leading and engaging review content that readers love and trust.
The right person will have a wealth of technical knowledge and understand how to make IndyBest’s tech content engaging, accessible and enjoyable for readers. The role will involve creating, maintaining and optimising evergreen content, as well as staying ahead of new launches and trends.
Key responsibilities and skills:
- Writing or editing articles.
- Updating and optimising existing content.
- Reviewing products.
- Attending product launches.
- Developing relationships with industry PRs.
- Coming up with new and interesting content ideas.
- Spotting opportunity and react in an agile manner.
- Working closely with key commercial colleagues.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of successfully working in a similar role at a similar title.
- Strong familiarity with the Independent and our coverage.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Skilled content creator.
- Ability to clearly communicate.
- Expert knowledge of trends.
- Experience of working in a dynamic fast-paced media environment.
- Continuous Improvement – Works in a smart, flexible and focussed way, is open to change and suggests ideas for improvements to the way things are done.
- Collaboration – Builds and maintains positive and supportive working relationships with colleagues. Helps to create an inclusive and professional work environment.
- Building Capability – Keeps own knowledge and skill set current and evolving and looks for ways to continue learning to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Quality Service – Delivers high quality and efficient service and takes account of the diverse customer needs and requirements when looking at ways to improve service quality.
- Responsive Delivery - Works to agreed business goals and objectives and deals with challenges in a constructive and responsive way. Takes personal responsibility for quality of outputs.
Click 'APPLY NOW'.