Irish Mirror, Sports Reporter
The Irish Mirror has an exciting opportunity for a Sports Reporter to join its team! Reporting into our Digital Sports Editor, we are looking for a keen sports journalist to bring our passionate sports community the latest sporting news, as it happens and before it happens!
We are looking for an experienced sports journalist with an encyclopedic knowledge of Irish sports and athletes and is someone who is able to build a strong and loyal digital following, and can create conversation points to engage the sporting community.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Irish Mirror, Irish Daily Star, DublinLive, BelfastLive and Cork Beo. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Finding and tell sports stories which engage as many readers as possible
- Building communities online and in real life to share stories with once published, and engage with readers about those stories
- Being a public face of our sports coverage
- Telling stories in many different ways, including (but not limited to) real-time live blogs, article format, video, audio and pictures
- Ensuring every piece of content is thoroughly researched and balanced prior to publication, in accordance with the Editor's Code of practice
- Acting up or cover in other roles as and when required by the business
- Upholding Reach's policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure our values around non discrimination are upheld in everything we publish.
Who are we looking for?
- A proven sports journalist with a strong understanding of Irish Sport is essential to the role.
- You will have a strong track record in telling stories, accurately, which engage large audience.
- You will of course, be passionate and have an encyclopedic knowledge on Irish sport and sports journalism.
- Digital publishing skills - working a CMS, shooting video, taking pictures
- Confident with social media, and engaging/ growing a following on social media.
- This will role require someone who has a full driving licence
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 36 days holiday per annum inclusive of bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- and lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.