We are actively recruiting for an experienced Editor to join William Reed and take charge of our brand MCA.
MCA provides news and insight for board level operators of eating and drinking out chains, as well as their investors and suppliers.
Via a paid subscription, daily digital alert service and monthly, currently digital publication, MCA reports exclusive news, the back story and context, analysing the headwinds dictating opportunities and threats for the sector.
The daily alert curates everything MCA’s senior audience needs to know before they start their day.
The role encompasses:
- Managing and developing a small team (currently comprising a deputy editor and news editor)
- Producing a daily digital newsletter to be sent before 9.00am
- Planning, curating and delivering a monthly edition
- Recruiting editorial contributors; managing these and their invoices
- Recruiting and prepping speakers for a series of digital and face to face conferences and events
- Introducing and co-hosting these events
The ideal candidate will be a hard-working people person, able to demonstrate and articulate the following experience and qualities:
- Leadership from the front
- A visionary, passionate about product quality, relevance and evolution
- Extensive news reporting
- Senior level business reporting
- Managing content in digital and print
- Passionate about growing digital audience engagement
- Experience with, and understanding of, Google analytics or other analytics tools
- Organising and hosting events
- People management and development
- Hunger to uncover scoops and deliver them first is a must
- Team player
- Driving, executing and evolving the content strategy for MCA, in digital and across the events portfolio
- Managing the weekly workflow of the team and other content contributors
- Building diverse and intimate relationships to ensure MCA builds its position of authority and sector understanding
- Demonstrating gravitas in engagement with senior industry executives, acting as MCA ambassador
- Personally contributing content and ideas on a day to day basis
Company benefits include
- Competitive salary
- Free onsite parking
- 25 days Holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Corporate perks and discounts brought to you by Medicash
- Discounted gym membership
- Travel loans
- Contributory pension
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection Scheme
How to Apply?
Please click 'APPLY NOW' and submit your CV and covering letter.