OK magazine online, Deputy Digital Content Director
Reach plc is looking to appoint a Deputy Digital Content Director for our popular Ok.co.uk magazine site. This role is pivotal in the success of the magazine brands, building a first-class ok.co.uk website with loyalty and engagement at its heart. Reporting and deputising for the Digital Content Director, you will help lead a team of reporters, Live News Editor and Lifestyle & Features Editor.
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior digital content editor to join our fantastic team!
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- You will oversee the performance of ok.co.uk and its associated social media channels, ensuring all content is of the highest standard and that all KPIs - traffic growth, registration, subscription and engagement - are met.
- To manage the Live News Editor and Lifestyle and Features Editor as well as the team of reporters plus any freelancers
- To hit high daily traffic targets and registrations as part of our OK! VIP registration wall
- To understand the OK! brand and be fully aware of what drives traffic to the site, and what our social media followers like and engage with.
- Build our recently launched OK Beauty Edit, VIP club and VIP + in terms of registrations and subscriptions, profitability and brand awareness.
- To fully understand analytics platforms, be able to report on traffic sources and strategise on increasing numbers
- To run daily conferences for both print and digital staff
- To stand in for Digital Content Director during periods of holiday
- To complete all tasks in accordance with IPSO and legal requirements.
- To bring in exclusive content and celebrity/influencer columnists
The Ideal Candidate
Who are we looking for?
- Someone with an excellent understanding of the magazine celebrity/ lifestyle magazines landscape - ideally within a digital setting. An advanced knowledge of SEO best practice is key to this role.
- Confident in understanding what drives traffic and how to increase page views and engagement.
- Experienced working in a senior management role, preferably in media
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Professional understanding of journalism law
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong communicator with both internal senior stakeholders and external clients/ contacts
- A good contacts book is always a bonus!
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 33 days holiday per annum inclusive of bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.