GE Healthcare, Communications Manager
Job Description Summary
As Communications Manager you will support the growth of GE Healthcare’s exciting Pharmaceutical Diagnostics (PDx) business. You will play a key role supporting, developing and delivering communications strategies and initiatives that both promote and protect PDx’s global reputation while driving employee engagement. The role reports to the PDx Communications Director.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator with over 100 years of healthcare industry experience and around 50,000 employees globally. We enable clinicians to make faster, more informed decisions through intelligent devices, data analytics, applications and services, supported by our Edison intelligence platform. We operate at the center of an ecosystem working toward precision health - digitizing healthcare, helping drive productivity and improving outcomes for patients, providers, health systems and researchers around the world.
Our Pharmaceutical Diagnostics (PDx) business is the number one global supplier of contrast media and molecular imaging agents used to enhance medical imaging exams. Used throughout all major disease area diagnostic and treatment pathways, PDx products support three patients every second around the world.
- Developing, driving and delivering communications plans and campaigns that support business growth priorities, coordinating, collaborating and counselling PDx Region and Function teams including Marketing, MarComms, Legal and Regulatory, Finance, HR, R&D, Product and Sales teams on effective comms strategy
- Proactively seeking opportunities to positively position the company. Managing media, identifying/securing relevant opportunities/thought leadership platforms and supporting/deploying effective organic and paid social media campaigns
- Drafting material for external stakeholder consumption – media pitches, press releases, owned content to tell our story, promote our impact, support product launches/key topics; also collaborating effectively with external partners including customers and agencies
- Supporting proactive and reactive issues/crisis communications
- Spokesperson support, message development, basic media training
- Supporting, developing and delivering internal communications plans, messaging, events, broadcasts and assets to inform, engage and enthuse employees
- Driving consolidated communications calendar, aligning with Marketing and key internal stakeholders
- Clearly demonstrating comms results and plans to key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, English, Marketing or a related field
- Advanced B2B communications experience, with a proven track record of delivering robust, 360-degree communications campaigns, ideally incorporating media, owned content, social media and employee comms
- Media relations experience is a must
- Excellent written communication, presentation and planning skills with demonstrated experience speaking and writing clearly and convincingly. Able to deliver key messages effectively both verbally and in writing
- Able to quickly grasp new ideas; able to simplify sometimes complex topics into compelling, accessible content
- Good understanding and experience of where social media does/does not add value in B2B arena
- Fluent English (oral and written)
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Click APPLY to visit our site and complete your application.
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com