Mirror Online, Audience Writer x 2
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for two talented writers to join Mirror Online as Audience Writers.
Our Audience team aims to bring readers heartwarming, funny and lighthearted news that will make them smile, even when the rest of the news is pretty grim.
You will have the exciting task of sourcing, writing and creating content which will help us dramatically grow the audience on our website, with a focus on driving traffic from search engines and social platforms.
This will involve working alongside a team of other talented writers under the guidance and direction of our Features Editor. You will possess an eye for a good story and have a flair for writing, with the ability to adapt your tone and style for any audience or topic. We're looking for someone who can go seamlessly from a money saving hack piece to working on a harder-hitting real life story.
You will eagerly monitor trends on search and social platforms, use your judgment to assess whether these conversations and topics are right for our readers, then, if they are a good fit, use your experience and imagination to mould them into content people want to consume and share.
You will also use your creativity to generate original and unique ideas for content designed to drive social engagement and website traffic to Mirror Online. You will be able to forward plan original content and longer-form features around key upcoming events and capitalise on these when they happen.
This role would be ideally suited to a creative individual who is very comfortable with SEO, social media platforms and has a passion for writing.
What will the role involve?
- Monitor search and social trends
- Use social platforms, especially Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok, newsgathering tools and other avenues to find great stories that resonate with our audience
- Develop original ideas for content which will perform well on our platforms
- Come up with unique ideas about how we can engage new and existing
audiences, e.g. parents
- Create socially shareable content targeted at generating engagement on Mirror Online and associated social platforms from new and existing audiences
- Create content specifically optimised for search engines
- Assist wider newsroom in optimising content for all audiences
- Liaise with the Social team to maximise on social engagement
- Liaise with the SEO team to maximise on search traffic
- Facilitate and encourage user-generated content from the audience and targeted contributors
- Assist in managing relevant social channels
Who are we looking for?
- Someone with an understanding of Mirror Online's social readership and the topics which
- Excellent web and social skills
- Journalistic background
- The ability to create socially shareable content
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and SEO
- The ability to liaise with and coordinate external contributors
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to generate creative content and campaign ideas
- Comfortable liaising with other departments on project
- This job involves shift work, including evenings and weekends. Hours will vary and candidates must be flexible.
- The role is currently Working From Home. WFH on a longer-term basis will be considered but some office time may be needed in future.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.