Mirror Online, Royal Features Writer
We are looking for a Royal Features Writer to join the Mirror Online's Features Team.
It's been an incredibly busy few years for the Royal Family, with glamorous weddings, new arrivals and important engagements - plus a lot of scandal and controversy.
We are looking for an experienced journalist to bring our readers the latest royal news, in-depth features and conversational topics that will drive conversations and reader engagement.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Generate and write strong Royal content including royal event features and news pieces, exclusive news stories and interviews
- Keep abreast of all the latest Royal news and be able to writer in different styles and tones for different audiences and platforms
- Grow the audience of Mirror.co.uk by turning around snappy articles and lengthy pieces on a daily basis
The Ideal Candidate
What are we looking for?
- You will be confident writing in different styles and tones of voice for different audiences and platforms
- To have a strong interest in the royal family and a good knowledge of current and historical news
- You will be NCTJ qualified or equivalent
- The role is currently Working From Home. WFH on a longer-term basis will be considered but some office time may be needed in future
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.