Mirror Online, Real Life Features Writer
Mirror Online is looking for an experienced Real Life Features Writer to join the team.
We're on the lookout for someone to write interesting, heartwarming, informative and quirky tales. This could be an inspiring story about a member of the community, a quirky age gap couple or a chat with a businesswoman who is leading in her field.
This position will suit a writer with a great eye for a human interest story, with experience finding stories, interviewing and pitching.
The Real Life Features Writer will be part of our Features team, in which we aim to create content that will drive conversations and engagement across the Mirror site.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Generate and write strong real life content that will engage our audience and drive online audience numbers to the Mirror Online site.
- Keep abreast of all the latest trending real-life stories and be able to write in different styles and tones for different audiences and platforms
- Grow Mirror Online's audience by creating thought-provoking articles and lengthy pieces on a daily basis
The Ideal Candidate
Who are we looking for?
- You will have previous experience as either a features writer or a news reporter
- You will be passionate about real life features with excellent contacts in the industry
- You will be NCTJ qualified or equivalent
- You will be confident writing in different styles and tones of voice for different audiences and platforms
- The role is currently Working From Home. WFH on a longer-term basis will be considered but some office time may be needed in future
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.