Express online, Sport Social Media Editor
We are hiring for a number of extraordinary roles across our National Digital Sports titles: Mirror Online, Express.co.uk and the Daily Star.
Reach is the largest digital sports publisher in the UK, with a network of National and Regional brands which are central to the sporting landscape across the country. We cover the biggest clubs and sports stars from around the world and are looking to tell the stories behind them in new ways across our digital platforms. From outstanding feature writing and first-class reportage to engaging fan-focused social media, we want people who love sport and care about it on and off the pitch.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a social media editor to lead the Express' digital publishing across social media and supporting audience growth.
We especially want to hear from candidates who feel like their voice isn't heard in traditional media. Sport is for everyone and we want our teams to reflect the diversity of the clubs we cover and the fans who support them.
What will the role involve?
- Manage social media channels in accordance with best practice and priorities
- Use social media analytics to drive audience growth and engagement
- Help to promote and drive interest in newsletters and other new content formats
- Implement projects to grow registered users
- Ensure sports digital content strategy is delivered locally
- Find new ways to promote content off--platform and find new readers
- Provide cover for content editors (if experienced) or content writers as and when required
- Content edit locally sourced material as part of content editing team
- Managing social media and audience relationships as and when required
- Working across sports vertical as and when required
- Writing, regularly, and maintaining a public-facing profile across sites
Who are we looking for?
- NCTJ qualified or equivalent with deep knowledge of media law
- First-class content editing experience
- A clear understanding social media
- Strong team player who can work for benefit of whole network
- Strong people management skills
- Digital publishing skills and experience
- Passion for digital storytelling in journalism
- Successful background in developing people and managing people
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.