Reach National brands, Sports Engagement Producer (New Audiences)
We are hiring for a number of extraordinary roles across our National Digital Sports titles: Mirror Online, Express.co.uk and the Daily Star.
Reach is the largest digital sports publisher in the UK, with a network of National and Regional brands which are central to the sporting landscape across the country. We cover the biggest clubs and sports stars from around the world and are looking to tell the stories behind them in new ways across our digital platforms. From outstanding feature writing and first-class reportage to engaging fan-focused social media, we want people who love sport and care about it on and off the pitch.
We're looking for a Sports Audience Engagement Producer to help drive our national brands' strategy to engage and retain more readers and convert them into registered users. The purpose of this role is to create and present content which matters to our sports fans in a way which ensures as many people as possible wish to transact with us in some form.
We especially want to hear from candidates who feel like their voice isn't heard in traditional media. Sport is for everyone and we want our teams to reflect the diversity of the clubs we cover and the fans who support them.
What will the role involve?
- Producing content aligned to company's strategy of audience engagement and retention, with prime focus on growing sport's customer base
- Assisting centres in carrying out their vision of a loyal, engaged and retained audience
- Both creating new and solidifying current methods of bringing registered users to sport
- Identify new areas and opportunities to acquire new customers to sport audience
- Participating in and moderating discussions with supporters of all sizes, areas and interests
- Helping formulate strategies for short-term, medium-term and long-term regarding the retention of audience
- Ensuring the loyal audience remain in contact with their preferred brands, conforming to those brands' individual and unique voices
- Writing and uploading newsletters for targeted engaged audiences
- Creating questions and uploading surveys in order to drive engagement
- Being part of the workflow of club-specific webchats, to ensure best practice both implementing best practice and disseminating their worth to the reader
- Driving Reach's new commenting system across sport, including the hosting of Reddit-style AMAs
- Uploading and analysing data of newly-acquired registered users
Who are we looking for?
- Digital publishing skills - working on CMS and exemplary digital storytelling
- Social media skills - following on social media, track record of driving audiences and engagement on social media
- Encyclopedic football knowledge, or relevant other sports
- Passion for producing engaging content which will see users transact
- Media law - including thorough knowledge of GDPR
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.