Daily Star Sport, Brand Writer
We are hiring for a number of extraordinary roles across our National Digital Sports titles: Mirror Online, Express.co.uk and the Daily Star.
Reach is the largest digital sports publisher in the UK, with a network of National and Regional brands which are central to the sporting landscape across the country. We cover the biggest clubs and sports stars from around the world and are looking to tell the stories behind them in new ways across our digital platforms. From outstanding feature writing and first-class reportage to engaging fan-focused social media, we want people who love sport and care about it on and off the pitch.
We are looking for a Brand Writer who will find and report on the stories and issues which matter to our sports fans in a way which ensures as many people as possible find, discover and respond to our work.
We especially want to hear from candidates who feel like their voice isn't heard in traditional media. Sport is for everyone and we want our teams to reflect the diversity of the clubs we cover and the fans who support them.
What will the role involve?
- Producing creative, interesting and distinct sports content which you can't find anywhere else
- Working across features, comment, opinion and reportage to speak to fans with a distinctive and irreverent voice
- Developing the Star Sport across our site and social media channels
- Find and tell sports stories which engage as many readers as possible, or
stories which will be of interest to fans
- Build communities online and in real life to share stories with once published, and engage with readers about those stories
- Be a public face of our sports coverage
- Tell stories in many different ways, including (but not limited to) real-time live blogs, article format, video, audio and pictures
- Uphold Reach's policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure our values around non discrimination are upheld in everything we publish
Who are we looking for?
- NCTJ qualification or equivalent
- Digital publishing skills - working a CMS, shooting video, taking pictures
- Social media skills - following on social media, track record of building communities on social media
- Encyclopedic football knowledge, or relevant other sports
- Passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
- Strong track record in telling stories, accurately, which engage large audience
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.