Mirror Online, News Features Writer
Mirror Online is looking for an experienced News Features Writer to join their team.
News is more accessible to the public than ever before, and with breaking news happening around the world there is never a dull news day.
We are looking for an experienced features writer to write in-depth and thought-provoking pieces about some of the most talked-about topics of the day. They will cover tales from around the world, including politics, crime, historic events and much more.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Generate and write strong news feature content that will engage our audience and drive audience numbers to our Mirror Online site
- Pitch exclusive story and interview ideas
- Keep abreast of all the latest breaking news and be able to write in different styles and tones for different audiences and platforms
- Grow the audience of Mirror Online by turning around thought-provoking articles and lengthy pieces on a daily basis
What are we looking for?
- You will be confident writing in different styles and tones of voice for different audiences and platforms
- You will have previous experience as either a news reporter or features writer
- You will be passionate about world news and features with excellent contacts in the industry
- The role is currently Working From Home. WFH on a longer-term basis will be considered but some office time may be needed in future
- You will be NCTJ qualified or equivalent
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Lots of high street discounts!
What can we offer you?
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.