Express (Sport), Audience Editor
We are hiring for a number of extraordinary roles across our National Digital Sports titles: Mirror Online, Express.co.uk and the Daily Star.
Reach is the largest digital sports publisher in the UK, with a network of National and Regional brands which are central to the sporting landscape across the country. We cover the biggest clubs and sports stars from around the world and are looking to tell the stories behind them in new ways across our digital platforms. From outstanding feature writing and first-class reportage to engaging fan-focused social media, we want people who love sport and care about it on and off the pitch.
We're looking for an Audience Editor who will help lead teams and ensure highest quality content is produced at all times at the Express.
We especially want to hear from candidates who feel like their voice isn't heard in traditional media. Sport is for everyone and we want our teams to reflect the diversity of the clubs we cover and the fans who support them.
What does the role involve?
- Focus on building out new audience opportunities across Express Sport, particularly outside of football
- Commission and edit exceptional comment, opinion and analysis content
- Ensure sports digital content strategy is delivered locally within the team
- Day to day management of writers to ensure best possible coverage
- Build relationships with fans across digital platforms
- Content edit locally sourced material as part of content editing team
- Managing social media and audience relationships as and when required
- Working across sports vertical as and when required
- Writing, regularly, and maintaining a public-facing profile across sites
Who are we looking for?
- NCTJ qualification or equivalent
- Deep knowledge of media law
- A proven leader with a successful background in developing people and managing people
- First-class content editing experience
- Strong team player who can work for benefit of whole network
- Strong people management skills
- Digital publishing skills and experience
- Social media skills
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.