Head of Research and Advisory
2 days left
- Full Time
Asia House is an independent think tank and advisory service. We work with companies and governments in Asia, the Middle East and Europe, facilitating high-level dialogue, providing business and market intelligence, and driving commercial outcomes. The Asia House Research and Advisory practice provides bespoke consultancy services and original research to help organisations understand new operating environments and develop engagement strategies to approach business-critical challenges. Our advisory services build on our activities over the past 25+ years driving engagement on trade, investment, and public policy issues.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious, experienced professional to lead the Asia House Research and Advisory practice. In this key role, the successful candidate will deliver a range of bespoke services to high profile multinational companies and government entities and contribute content through the think-tank activities of the institution. The successful candidate will be actively involved in generating new business and raising the profile of the Research and Advisory services of Asia House. This is a hands-on role for an individual with excellent writing and communications skills, as well as knowledge of business and policy in Asia, corporate and public affairs, global politics, and macroeconomics.
Main responsibilities include:
As the Head of Research and Advisory, the role holder will be the public face of the Asia House Research and Advisory function.
• Deliver relevant and valued advisory, research and consultancy services.
• Deliver advice to clients directly in verbal or written form as required and as per service agreements.
• Provide government relations/public affairs, thought leadership and strategic insights-led consultancy services to major multinational business organisations, including (but not limited to) companies within Asia House’s membership.
• Undertake, write and edit original research.
• Shape the development of the existing service offering while working with senior colleagues to drive the strategic direction of the organisation.
• Develop engaging and relevant content aligned to the interests of clients. This may be market and business intelligence; research; private briefings; and/or publications.
• Maintain and manage engagement with the Asia House Advisory Network (our Advisory Board and network of in-region advisors) to ensure the resources are in place to develop knowledge, content, insights and advice for publication or proprietary client projects.
• Support the programming of Asia House, which serves the core business membership and is the key platform for engagement with governments, businesses and other stakeholders.
(3) New Business:
• Identify commercial opportunities with multinational companies and government entities, producing creative and compelling written proposals.
• Work with senior colleagues to source and win new business from corporate members and prospective clients.
• Contribute to and support the development of marketing material for Asia House Research and Advisory Services; contribute to marketing corporate services more widely for the business community; participating in PR campaigns and media relations in order to raise the profile of Asia House and increase awareness of our corporate services.
• Line manage Research and Advisory colleagues and in-region external advisors to ensure projects and ongoing activities are high-quality.
• Deliver client projects and agreed work to time and budget.
• Work closely with senior colleagues to develop the Asia House brand and the research and advisory services we offer.
• Support institutional relationships with major multinational companies and governments.
• Represent Asia House at events and networking opportunities, speaking where appropriate at events and in the media.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a minimum of 8+ years proven experience in an Asia-focused research and advisory role.
• Have a deep understanding of the international trade and investment environment and knowledge of critical business and policy issues in Asia.
• Be highly organised and have the ability to project manage various workstreams.
• Be a consummate communicator and networker, able to articulate complex matters clearly to a senior audience.
• Feel comfortable dealing with large blue-chip organisations at senior levels.
• Have had some experience and success in developing and delivering new business.
• Enjoy working in a dynamic and fast paced environment with relative autonomy.
Contract Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Reports to: Director of Corporate Affairs
Reports: Advisory Associates, Project Advisors (contract)
Other Relationships: CEO, Head of Stakeholder Engagement, Members of the Business & Policy Team
Purpose: Ongoing development of the Asia House Research and Advisory offering, including content generation, delivery of services, advising clients, project management and new business development
Salary / package: Competitive, commensurate with experience.
To apply: please click APPLY NOW and send your cover letter and CV.