Top Ten Reviews, Section Editor
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious staff writer, or equivalent, looking to take the next step in their career at one of the leading digital publishing companies in the world. The team you’ll be joining is relatively new, extremely friendly, and committed to forging a thoroughly modern website to meet the needs of its audience in 2021 and beyond. This is a great time to join the team, as we invested time last year into building a new foundation for Top Ten Reviews , and are now planning and writing exciting, forward-facing content to really accelerate the growth of the brand.
We have also grown and adapted as a team in the face of the challenges that 2020 brought, so we have excellent practices for both in-office and remote working. As a Section Editor on TTR you would be able to take full advantage of this.
The Section Editor on TTR is a new role, and the successful applicant will be responsible for managing all of our digital learning, hobbies, and app/software content. We need someone who is tech-savvy and has a wide range of interests in online learning, self-improvement, and living life digitally. The section is broad, and the ideal candidate will be writing and commissioning content about language learning apps one day, photo editing programs the next, and antivirus software the day after. With more and more people taking part in home learning, and living their lives digitally, we see this as a huge area of growth for TTR, and it’s the perfect chance for a Section Editor to make their mark and really drive the ongoing growth of the brand.
- Manage the Digital Learning and Hobbies section of TTR
- Generate news, feature, and buying guide ideas that can be either written by yourself, or commissioned out to freelance writers.
- Help maintain our social channels, and grow our social audiences.
- Manage a suite of evergreen features and guides, tracking their performance, and identifying new opportunities to growth.
- Assist with editing and assessing the work of other team members.
- Strategic, data-based reporting to the EIC about the performance of the section, and the potential opportunities for adapting or improving it.
- Identifying new freelancers and developing talent inside and outside the team.
What do I need to succeed?
- Excellent writing skills, and a good command of the English language.
- The ability to organise and manage a suite of editorial content.
- A keen interest in online learning and the use of digital applications for hobbies.
- A good understanding of what makes an authoritative review or feature, and the ability to craft one yourself.
- You need to be highly organised, and able to quickly shift priorities as needed.
- A good working knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Previous experience writing for web brands or ecommerce websites.
- You need to be a team player, and someone who can communicate effectively with your colleagues both in-office and remotely.
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Annual Future conference - get together with your colleagues to celebrate success and look forward to what's next
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
Click APPLY to visit our site and complete your application.