Future Fusion, Projects Editor
About the Team
Future Fusion is our in-house content marketing agency, creating effective conversion content with creatives who are respected experts in their fields. We use data and insight to win new fans for forward-thinking brands.
Future Fusion works with Canon Europe, Canon Middle East and Canon US, creating editorial content across its Professional and Consumer websites. We create editorial articles, from conception through to production, podcasts, video and social content underpinned with strategy that drives the client’s objectives of brand perception, engagement and sales.
As the Projects Editor for the Canon account you will oversee the creation of content commissioned in addition to our contracted work, and work in tandem with our Creative Producer on all video productions for the leading photography brand. Project examples include Canon’s Ambassador photographer programme, product launches and event coverage. You will be responsible for client relations, project management and content creation for the additional projects commissioned with Future Fusion on the fast-growing Canon account.
You will be accountable for the end-to-end development and delivery of content for projects; ensuring all content is created to a world-class standard both creatively and competitively, and is in line with Canon’s marketing objectives. You'll also take the lead on client relations, including regular reporting on content performance – ensuring KPIs are met for audience growth and engagement.
In addition, the Projects Editor will ensure excellent communication is maintained across the editorial and commercial team, attending client meetings when required, and will have the flexibility to travel internationally as the account requires.
- Ideation, commissioning and writing of world-class content.
- Managing costs in line with budgets for Canon Projects with the account management team.
- Unify the supporting teams to ensure production is executed to deadline.
- Understand the challenges and trends that affect the target audience and incorporate into content.
- Help develop the content strategy and feed in ideas that support the objectives.
- Ensure quality control and alignment with Canon marketing objectives.
- Ensure that all project assets are delivered within budget, and to deadline.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key industry contacts and contributors.
- Manage contributors and quality of contributions.
- Choose imagery to enhance content.
- Support and deputise for the Content Director.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, respond to feedback, communicate clearly, manage client expectations, understand brand challenges and sensitivities.
- Help manage content packaging for Canon’s websites.
- Ensuring smooth-running operational processes with clear communication with supporting Production teams.
- Working with the account team to identify new business opportunities within the Canon account, pitching new ideas to the client where possible.
- Travel on assignment when necessary.
- Assist additional projects as required.
What do I need to succeed?
- The ability to demonstrate expert insight into our client customers, both existing and targeted.
- Specialist knowledge in photography / creative sectors.
- Proven ability to write accurate and compelling copy for a target audience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in content commissioning.
- Strong journalistic instinct, with ability to spot/source stories.
- Editorial integrity.
- Strong teamwork and organisational skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to think commercially.
- Ability to foster good relationships with clients and realise marketing objectives through our editorial responses.
- Create world-class editorial content to brief, to budget, to deadline, at speed, with precision.
- Can-do, resourceful attitude.
- Willingness to work out of hours when needed.
- Ability to work under pressure, in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven at detailed, useful analysis.
- Problem-solving skills.
Non-essential skills and experience
- Experience in client publishing.
- Experience commissioning/editing/interviewing for video.
- Managing experience.
- An appreciation and eye for trends in design and photography.
Click APPLY to visit our site and complete your application.