Senior Fabulous Writer (12-month contract)
The Sun is the biggest news brand in the UK, publishing hundreds of stories a day and reaching over 170m unique users digitally every month. Our exclusives set the news agenda and our campaigns have changed the lives of many.
Fabulous is the leading women’s lifestyle brand in the country and we are looking for the most talented and committed journalists to join us.
Purpose of role:
To work within the digital team to generate traffic-driving stories which lead the agenda among women’s lifestyle sites.
To bring-in must-read exclusives and agenda-setting original content which ensure the brand remains the leader of the sector,
· To spot and produce brilliant, traffic-driving stories and always beat competitors to the biggest talkers of the day
· To bring in must-read exclusive content, whether amazing real life stories, impressive news follows or great celebrity chats
· Experience of creating varied ideas lists taking in viral stories, emerging trends and original takes on news stories
· A keen eye for visuals to ensure stories are always illustrated with the best pictures, videos and graphics
· Strong understanding of The Sun’s audience
· Ability to produce sparkling copy at speed and to tight deadlines
· Knowledge of SEO and web publishing
· Enthusiasm, imagination and a notebook full of ideas are all essential
· Being a self-starter is key – and you will need to thrive under the pressure of a busy newsroom
· Have a thorough knowledge of the IPSO Code of Conduct, media law and ethical considerations
Key Skills and Experience:
· At least three years working at a major digital brand, including in women’s lifestyle
· An unrivalled contacts book
· Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard quickly
· Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task
· Positive attitude and good team player
· Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
· Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
· Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
· Can demonstrate an understanding of the The Sun brand, both print and digital
· Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern
Please apply with your CV and three story ideas for Fabulous Digital.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.