Reporter, Private Equity International/Secondaries Investor - NY
PEI is the only global B2B information group focused exclusively on private equity, private real estate, private debt, infrastructure, and investing. As these classes continue to grow in scale and significance – for investors, fund managers, financial practitioners, and other service industries globally – PEI is positioned to provide unparalleled business knowledge and intelligence to these communities.
Formed in London in November 2001, PEI publishes globally recognized magazines and news websites, manages an extensive set of databases dedicated to alternative assets, runs more than 50 market-leading conferences globally, and publishes a large library of specialist books.
Purpose of the role -
This is a dual role where the reporter will focus on covering the private equity community and the secondaries market for alternative assets. Specifically, the reporter will write exclusive, insightful, and actionable stories about private equity firms and their limited partners that differentiate PEI from other publications which similarly cover private equity investing. The reporter will write for both Private Equity International and Secondaries Investor.
Reporters will aim to produce content that leads with analysis and informed perspective. This will involve collaborating with the editor on ideas, sourcing, and story structures with an eye to delivering valuable information that consistently speaks to our core audience of general partners, limited partners and industry service providers.
Other responsibilities will include writing articles that profile firms and people, identify and analyze trends in fundraising and other activities, and other key community developments including key personnel moves. This also includes breaking deal news for Secondaries Investor.
At all times, the goal is to seek out the impact of those developments rather than merely recounting the news.
- Contribute regularly to privateequityinternational.com and its magazine (10 issues per year) and secondariesinvestor.com
- Develop cover stories and original news and features while also collaborating with the broader Private Equity Group, including Buyouts, Private Funds CFO and others.
- Conduct interviews and develop relationships with sources and readers (GPs, their LPs, and others) to break news.
- Receive assignments or follow up on news leads and tips from sources.
- Regularly attend industry events either virtually or in-person (when covid-19 restrictions are lifted). The reporter may also be asked to moderate panels at the company’s conferences (either in person or virtually).
- Communicate regularly with the editor and meet deadlines.
- Be highly attentive to details and accuracy.
- This role will involve gaining access to and publishing sensitive and privileged information. The reporter will be expected to understand and adhere to journalistic ethics and consult with editors on any potential conflicts.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a business reporter. Experience covering private equity/alternative assets or related financial field to understand investing and GP-LP relationships a plus.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent observation and judgment skills to extract develop and develop compelling stories.
- Superb communication and networking skills.
- Computer proficiency, such as using the Microsoft Office Suite, online search tools, databases, WordPress, and familiarity with social media platforms, such as LinkedIn. Infogram experience a plus.
The ideal candidate -
- Has excellent people skills
- Stays organized and calm under pressure
- Is comfortable multi-tasking
- Is deadline-oriented
- Is self-motivated
- Is excited about engaging with a sophisticated audience.
Click APPLY to visit our site and complete your application.