The Grocer, Food and Drink Reporter
The Grocer is looking for a curious and hard working reporter to deliver regular insightful and interesting news, as well as blogs, features, profiles and video content, on the vibrant, colourful and fast-changing grocery scene.
You’ll be working for the UK’s biggest, most influential and most interesting business publication (and its website), covering topics such as consumer trends, new product development, business strategy and performance, shopper behaviour, prices and promotions, marketing campaigns and strategy, the role of new technology and, of course, the environment.
- Deliver regular insightful and interesting news, as well as blogs, features, profiles and video content, on the vibrant, colourful and fast-changing grocery scene.
- Covering topics such as shopper behaviour, consumer trends, new product development, business strategy and performance, technological developments, prices and promotions, marketing campaigns, and the environment.
- Finding, writing and reporting of food and drink sector news, covering everything from NPD and innovation to supply chain, packaging and retailer stories
- Contributing timely blogs, features, analysis and insight to the wider Grocer offer
- Being a key point of contact between the Grocer and industry sources, building long term relationships based on trust to ensure The Grocer gets the inside track
- Participating in special projects such as Britain’s Biggest Alcohol Brands, Biggest Brands and Top Products
What we’re looking for:
A love of food and drink is a bonus, as is knowledge of retail, but what we want most is someone with a passion for great journalism, including
- A demonstrable nose for news
- The ability to tell stories and convey information compellingly and succinctly
- Ambition and the desire to succeed and progress
- The ability to engage and network with senior level contacts
- A range of digital, multimedia skills.
Standards are high, but for the right candidate, this role – which can include flexible and remote working options - offers huge job satisfaction, the chance to work with a large team of award-winning journalists on an innovative and progressive publication, together with lots of training and career development opportunities, and a competitive salary and benefits.
- 25 days annual leave per annum plus bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance Scheme
The Grocer is the bible of the £200bn grocery retail market and the flagship title of the highly successful William Reed group. Based in the UK, William Reed is a fast growing, family owned publishing, exhibitions and research business with offices also in France, the US and Singapore.
How to apply
To apply please click the ‘APPLY NOW' button below, attach a covering letter explaining why you are right for the job, together with some clippings or links that demonstrate your best work, and a copy of your CV.