Risk.net, Investing Journalist
Risk.net is among the most respected sources of in-depth news and analysis on financial markets, risk management, regulation and investing. Our content is widely read by senior figures in the financial industry and by regulators and policymakers worldwide.
Risk.net is seeking an experienced financial journalist to join its 30-strong team of reporters and editors.
This role is within our Investing team, which covers asset managers, hedge funds, insurers, pension funds and other buy-side entities.
The ideal candidate will have deep, established sources on the buy-side, or a demonstrable ability to build sources on a beat; strong knowledge of financial markets; and a track record of producing exclusive, investigative reporting for a sophisticated audience. We aim to produce distinctive and impactful articles, and we give our journalists the time and resources necessary to work their stories.
Duties and responsibilities
- Produce regular news stories and features for an audience of professional investors, with an emphasis on trading, risk management and regulation;
- Cultivate strong sources within the buy-side community;
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in financial products and markets;
- Work closely with team members and support the wider editorial staff on their projects;
- Take ownership of specific topics and coverage areas within the beat;
- Adhere to the highest standards of journalistic ethics and integrity.
- At least three years of journalism experience at a reputable financial title, or equivalent experience in the financial industry;
- Knowledge of both investors and financial markets;
- Able to extract information in multiple ways, including from interviews, public filings, analyst and research reports, academic papers, and other public or private sources;
- Able to produce accurate and engaging copy in accordance with Risk.net’s house style;
- Fluent written and spoken English is imperative;
- High level of organisation, time management and attention to detail;
- Willing to take ownership of the Investing beat;
- Able to act as an ambassador for the company and its publications, maintaining high standards of integrity and ethics;
- A team player working towards the group’s objectives.
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people, we operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career tailoring your development through management support, internal and external training courses, and on the job training. Based in a fantastic location in the city of London’s Aldgate area, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
In addition to a Competitive Salary we offer the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave (rising up to 30 days)
- Group personal pension plan
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Bonusly employee recognition
- Employee discount scheme
- Onsite monthly chair massage
- Eye-care Vouchers
- Vodafone employee advantage scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (STL)
- Discounted gym membership
Annual Flex Benefits
- Income protection
- Additional life assurance
- Bike to work
- Buying holiday
- Dental insurance
- Add partner to gym membership
- Health screening
- Private medical insurance
And many more!
Infopro Digital also runs The Foundation which supports a number of charities. Staff can volunteer to contribute their skills and expertise to make a meaningful difference to the lives of others
Click APPLY to visit our site and complete your application.