PR and Content Manager
PR and Content Manager
Full time. Fixed term 12-month contract.
Circa £50k depending on experience.
Home based with a future requirement to attend meetings and events at our London HQ in coming months.
Flexible working requests will be considered. Minimum 3 days a week.
At SCI we are working to increase awareness and understanding of the role that chemistry and related science plays in helping to address societal problems. As PR and Content Manager, you would take a lead in helping to build SCI’s profile and reputation with target audiences.
We are looking for an experienced PR professional confident managing a team, to work with us for 12-months, to help shape and then lead our PR and Content team. You would be responsible for helping SCI to introduce a PR approach to the organisation and for delivering a newly devised PR strategy and plan. We are looking for someone who is comfortable with science content and writes great quality copy with ease. You will have a good track record of creating and co-ordinating the delivery of PR content and be confident building relationships with the press and generating impactful media coverage.
Principal Accountabilities include:
- To set up and then lead SCI’s new PR and Content team.
- To take responsibility for proactive and reactive management of all PR and Communications activity.
- To take a lead in co-ordinating the creation of all PR and content and some marketing materials.
- To oversee and ensure the successful use of SCI’s PR channels, including social media and the SCI website.
- To set up and run a press office function within SCI.
- To manage the PR budget.
Essential Skills and Education:
- PR professional qualification(s).
- Experience of managing and implementing PR strategies.
- Experience of leading a PR team and ability to manage people.
- Experience of working with the press to build relationships and drive press coverage in line with a PR strategy and plan.
- Experience of working in-house as a PR professional.
- Experience of working with an external PR agency and other relevant contractors to deliver results.
- Capable of devising and delivering PR plans.
- Knowledge of PR monitoring and evaluation including using media monitoring and analysis platforms.
- A strong understanding of PR content creation requirements including how to plan and co-ordinate the creation of content to deadlines.
- Excellent copywriting, editing and proofreading skills.
- Capable of creating PR content for the press and social media.
- Strong interpersonal/communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organisation skills and ability to prioritise the ‘important’ from the ‘urgent’.
- Able to interact, network and influence senior players in the organisation and sector.
- Comfortable with working at a hands-on level.
- Computer literate, with a good level of knowledge and competence with Microsoft
- Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- A creative approach to challenges and opportunities.
- An organised and methodical approach to work.
- A team player, able to interact tactfully with colleagues, members, suppliers and others.
Please click APPLY NOW and send your CV and a cover letter outlining why you are suitable for the role.
Application close date : 19th March 2021.